|01788 822 115||
9.30am - 5.30pm 7 days a week
|ABNB specialises in selling quality
new and used boats nationwide
|SELLING YOUR BOAT through ABNB|
Information on this page includes:• Your Boat Details and how to Contact us
• Example Boat Brochure
• Our Professional Accreditation
• Our Advertising
• Our Procedures
• Our Rates
Your Boat Details
• In the first instance we take details of your boat either by phone, by asking you to complete an online form, or by personal visit to our Crick Sales Office. This enables us to establish a rough estimate of the boat's value: although not always - particularly where the interior fit-out has been carried out by an unknown or relatively unknown joiner in which case a visit to the boat can result in a revision of our paper estimate - both up and down!.
The ABNB team are available seven days a week -
if you would like to discuss brokerage possibilities
further, please call us.
Or you can complete an online enquiry form with brief details of the boat you'd like to offer for brokerage.
If you have full details of your boat to hand then please give us a call so that we can talk through this with you over the telephone.
Alternatively we can correspond by email if you prefer.
• The format of ABNB brochures is particularly effective at conveying good specification and maintenance history. Comments from past customers include "Particularly impressed with the professionally produced highly detailed brochure". Conversely this factual detail does not work so well for craft of debatable content. We will advise honestly if we think that ABNB's service is not the best for your boat.
• If you wish to put your boat up for sale through ABNB, we arrange a full inspection that takes between three and five hours. It results in a highly detailed four-page brochure (see example below), which includes layout & side view drawings, and several colour photographs. If you are reading this then you will already be familiar with our website, which is updated every week without fail (except between Xmas and New Year).
• Buyers particularly appreciate ABNB's system of highly detailed sales information, supported by experienced advice and personal service.
• Thinking of selling your boat but need to get some jobs done beforehand? Does your engine need servicing? Is there a bit of woodwork that needs attention? Perhaps a good clean & polish would help attract a buyer? Maybe you need to vacate your current mooring?
Our tradesmen page has contact details for engineers, carpenters, cleaners, painters, and even boat movers.
Our Professional Accreditation
• For your reassurance ABNB Ltd is a full member of British Marine Boat Retailers & Brokers. The Association has a strict code of practice and rigorous minimum standards designed to ensure the highest levels of service and protection to the vendor and buyer alike.
• ABNB reaches customers nationwide with full page advertising in the major waterways' publications. Waterways World and Canal Boat are glossy magazines with lots of news, features, advice & of course, boats for sale. Towpath Talk is a newspaper style publication starting its circulation a few years ago. It is FREE, and can be found in most waterways outlets around the system. It too has lots of news, features, advice & of course, boats for sale.
• ABNB uses the internet, and operates its own website, www.abnb.co.uk. We also advertise each boat on the Apollo Duck website and use social media, such as Twitter and Facebook. Take a look at our comments page and read how some past customers feel about the service we provide.
• ABNB exhibits at Crick Boat Show. We welcome attendees to view boats during the 3 day show period.
• We have an extensive computer database through which we can monitor customers who have already registered their needs. ABNB's emphasis is not only on building a large list of narrowboats for sale but also on personal service. Our experienced knowledgable team will keep you informed as your sale progresses, from the intial offer through to completion. ABNB has an unsurpassed sales rate, yet still aims to achieve the best price.
• ABNB operates from a canalside office at Crick Wharf (near Rugby) with sales berths at the Wharf, Crick Marina alongside and Yelvertoft Marina nearby. We also operate with almost 20 other partner marinas providing the convenience of being able to sell from your marina. ABNB's sales office also features a quality photo wall display of all craft we have for sale. Crick Wharf is close to the hub of the narrow canals system; and is just over one mile from M1 Junction 18.
• Our policy is accompanied viewings. We confirm all viewings via email so you will have a record of the number of viewings and we provide feedback after each viewing wherever we can. Each month we will send you regular statistics showing the number of viewings, how many brochures have been downloaded and the number of website hits.
• ABNB is consistently busy during out-of-season months, when enquirers, planning ahead to the next season, tend to be more committed.
• We are able to offer 2 months free membership to RCR, River Canal Rescue a waterways recovery breakdown service.
• The brokerage service is supported by well-established administration procedures: monies paid by buyers are held in a Client Account, separate from ABNB's trading activities. Payment to owners is made promptly. Every step of the sale process involves clear documentation: Brokerage Agreement, Sale Agreement and Bill of Sale.
• We operate on a No Sale, No Fee basis, see our full Terms & Conditions available upon request.
• Our charges are based upon the final selling price of your boat. The rate is 6% plus VAT. We offer a discount for previous customers of ABNB, please ask for details. (Minimum fee £ 1,500 plus VAT)
For further details on selling your boat through ABNB,
Buying a Boat
The ABNB Process
Finance & Insurance
Licences & Moorings
ABNB Ltd, Crick Wharf, West Haddon Road, Crick, Northampton, NN6 7XT